16 January, 2007

Tsuzuke-yo. (Let's Continue.)

Ok, so I got ahold of the Consulate today. While talking to the man in charge of visas, I found out that I need to wait a bit longer, so that the Institute in Nagasaki can send a Certificate of Eligibility to UW-P, which in turn will send it to me. I then need to make a photocopy of it, and send (or more likely, take) both copies, my passport, a completed application form, and other various materials to the Consulate in Chicago.

Still need to get plane tickets, too. It'll be interesting, because all of the money for my trip is through student aid, and so I need to figure out how to apply some of that money to plane tickets.

In the meantime, I've got a few different books that I'm working through before my classes begin. I have two books that I bought at the beginning of September - Japanese for Busy People, Kana Version and Easy Kana Workbook. More recently, I've been studying on a bit of a lighter side, thanks to Jesse - for Christmas, he gave me two other books: Making out in Japanese, which is a phrasebook of a more...colorful...use, and Dave Barry Does Japan. Both are highly entertaining.

Next steps: Check on class credit transferability, get class books, and wait as patiently as possible.

Until next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there!!!

Hope you have fun on your trip! Keep us posted!

--Kristina

Audra said...

Good luck on your Japanese learning! At least you have something to occupy your time before you go. If you are looking for something else to read, I was just thinking of a novel I did a presentation on last year - "Japanese By Spring" by Ishmael Reed. It is less about Japanese than it is about race relations and stuff, and it is quite dense, but nevertheless I think you would enjoy it.