26 January, 2007

Some Good news

The past 2 days have been quite good. A little bit more happened for my trip, and some stuff also happened that might help me land a good job after graduating.

I use a wonderful little OS. It's not what most people use, but it gives you the power to define how you want to control your computer. I, of course, am referring to GNU/Linux. Now, the idea behind this is that people come together to write software to be given out for free, where in turn the users of that software have the ability to contribute back to that software. My personal distribution, named Sabayon Linux, is possibly one of the cleanest and most organized desktop operating environments I've ever used. I then decided that I would like to contribute by coding for them, and I've been accepted as a "dev-in-training", as co-head Chris Villareal put it. Any code I produce for this I can show as code I wrote, and given to this project. It may be a job without pay, but at least I can get the experience of working on a big project with other people.

Also, yesterday in the mail came two very, very nice things.

My camera, as told about in the previous post, arrived yesterday at 5:36PM. Also, from UW-P, I received my International Student Identity Card (pictured, taken with said camera.). This acts as my id as a student, a phone card, plane ticket price shrinker, and general coolness. The camera takes wonderful pictures, as I've been playing with it since I got it. It's very easy to use, in comparison to other digicams because of the Image Stabilization feature, which compensates for hand-shaking while taking the pictures. I have to buy more memory for it, but that won't be too bad, because it uses SD-cards.

Have a good day everyone!


One of our family cats: Chocolate Pot. Chad named them both. The other one is named Yoda.

My mom, intently watching an episode of Ugly Betty. Some people have their shows, and that's one of hers. Now, if I could get her to watch Scrubs with me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Argh!! You gonna get all your eggs in a basket? What about the Consulate? How about that plane ticket? You got spending money or you spent it? Be careful when you get where you are going and don't forget to turn in that application today for that job. See you in another month or so bro...