19 January, 2007

Chotto mite! Mite!

Welcome again.

Due to a large benefit from my mom, I've (as of 7:16PM today) ordered a digital camera to take along with me on my trip. I've also got a lead on a couple of possible jobs, including one at a cookie factory. Hopefully, it'll be a good lead, and I'll have somewhere to work for the next two months. Here's hoping.

Still waiting on the Cert. of Eligibility. It should be here in 1-2 weeks. If I get it the same time as my camera, I'll be ecstatic.

Since I have nothing else to talk about, I guess I'll just let everyone know about my other hobby. I'm currently a regular tech support person in multiple linux IRC chat rooms. We sit in and basically solve the problems that anyone that comes in bring us. Anything from printer/mouse/keyboard support, fixing graphics problems, to even talking about how things can be improved. I'm even looking at doing something for Google's Summer of Code. I'll have to see how that turns out, especially with my trip coming up too. Maybe something for next year.

I'll have some pictures and first impressions about the camera when it comes in. For now, you can see any info on it Here. I'll probably be up at Clarke for a visit/business day next week.

Later all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You got nice family at home don't cha?? So when will you get the paperwork from the school for the Counsulate? And who are you going to talk to about plane tickets? They are cheaper the sooner you book them usually...