03 April, 2007

すみません。 (I'm sorry)

So, apparently I wasn't able to keep my T/Th/weekend schedule. I currently have no internet connection at my homestay (pending, but I'd pay for it myself), and wireless @ school doesn't come up until the 16th. I'm currently typing this in one of the schools computer labs (on a qwerty keyboard - go fig...) and so I didn't have much time to get anything fired out.

The past weekend was good - an older student (sempai - although he told us not to EVER call him that) took us around the city on Sunday to see the sights of the town. Leigh (he's a British guy - awesome accent) has been a lot of help to us. Especially considering the fact that he took us though a tour of the school in a third of the time it took our program's head to, while covering the info in a way that was easily understood by students.

I took the Japanese language placement test today. It was a multiple choice test - although it was the most blank places I've ever left on a test. Not something you can really guess on - either you miss it and look like a dunce, or you get it by guessing and get put in a class that's way too high for you. Class schedules get formed on Friday, so I hope that I can let you all know about that when it comes, too.

Ah, pics. I figured you guys might want some. I set up a flickr account to put all of my pictures up on. I've got more, but they'll come up when I can get more bandwidth. The link's here. [flickr.com]

じゃ、待って ね。See you guys.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Think you made the right choice on the placement test. Am sure you'll do fine with the language and learn what you need to very quickly. Even though you've just arrived, sounds exciting and fascinating already!

Scott said...

Wow... I thought like Japan was entirely wireless these days. BTW if I do happen to catch you Chris, I need to talk to you about something important.

Anonymous said...

Hey!!!
Did you get your Luggage? Glad you finaly wrote, I was starting to worry. Hope you are having a wonderful time.

Love,

Mom & Dad

Chris said...

Mom -

Luggage came fine, and I had my dress clothes in time for the entrance ceremony. Everything's good.

Anonymous said...

Calvin is so tall!!!!!! Oh my goodness, and his hair is dark! When did that happen? And Chad is getting so big too. And his hair is super red! I've missed so much! I love and miss your family! Ok, enough of that. Glad to hear from you and know that all is going well. More pictures! lol. You look a little out of place on that plane. haha. Home your placement goes well and goodluck with class. until next time!

Anonymous said...

Glad to here you had clothes. Chad says every airplane is yours. He misses you already. Your pictures are great and very nice. Doesn't look any different then around here except for your signs. (Ha!)

Have a great day!!!!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Rock on with the whole "getting to Japan with everything on my person and luggage intact" mission! Awesome pics too! Be sure to post some more! Also, how would I be able to send pics to you? I was messin around with some CAD software and I am designing a custom computer case. I want to show off my idea, hehe

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter! I hope all is going well.