11 July, 2007

Oddities

Hey guys - I've been back from Osaka for a day. The Aquarium I hit on Monday was absolutely awesome. It had better have been though - admission was 2000 yen ($18). I had a fun trip. I'd write more, but I'm within both memorizing a speech for later this week, and working on a presentation for class tomorrow. As Laura pointed out in her comment on the last post, there are new pictures up. Go look at them - they tell my Osaka story better than I can.

One minor parting thought: You can't order a foot-long sub at Subway in Japan. Not that they're too long, just that the Japanese have no concept of how long 12 inches is. Go figure.

Talk later.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey chris, glad to see you're having fun! (such a cute bunny...)dad said he's printing it off and using it for blackmail...........

*stands at the front walk and shouts*
"shisa yibin!" "shisa yibin!" points to chris bunny mode
"shisa yibin mi!!"

Anonymous said...

Instead of a 12 inch sub, do they have one measured in centimeters, or is it just getting a big one or a small one?

Chris said...

They have the equivalent centimeter lengths (15 and 30 cm, respectively). It was just the first thought to pop in my head - "Ooh! Footlong sub, yum! ...wait a minute..."

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time on your trip, but don't forget your work.

I am sending you japan mom an Isabel Bloom in the mail. Hopefully you will get it before you leave. If not make sure she knows it is hers.
Love YA!!!!

Anonymous said...

hey chris, i was looking at the ruby forge site and found, and i quote"A ruby-centric operating system which tries to implement the best from already known operating systems. Much focus on that things has to be intuitive."
ruby based OS 0_o geeze!