27 June, 2007

News for the end of June

Hey everyone. Sorry for not being here for quite a while. However, there's a lot to catch up on, and even more that might be coming. Anyway, here's the last couple weeks in a nutshell:

16th - 17th: Kyushoren(Whose kanji, my mistake, should be 九唱蓮). Bunny ears. A seriously twisted version of Alice in Wonderland. Rapid-fire choir songs. Two Six-hour bus rides with the most fun group this side of the International Date Line. Meeting choirs from all over Kyushu. In short: Pure win. Check flickr for related pictures.

18th - 22nd: School week. Normal boredom and crap. Putting off doing my work until the latest I can (and I have witnesses). Choir rehearsals - All first-years (me included) are thrown through a quick conducting class, to direct the group in a week and a half. I get to direct a drinking song - たのしい。 (trans: fun)

23rd - 24th: Not much for the weekend. Skype marathon - 3 and a half hours in total. For those that don't have it yet, I'll give you the name, so we can talk too. Big news: I was accepted to my first big programming project. Yes, even when I'm not studying CS, I'm still programming. So there. I'll be working on a library for inter-process communication between a client and the Google Data API. More info (for those who've understood what I meant by that): linky.

25th - 今(now): Presentations: 日本語の文学(Japanese Lit.), and 日本語の強化(Japanese Culture). Culture presentation turned out a bit short, but there's only so much you can do on Idioms and Proverbs without getting too boring. Posted code to Subversion for the Gdata-ruby package. Started work on the frontend for Blogger (Which I'm planning on using for my Software Engineering project).

Coming up: I just checked my bank account: still above $900. That means: TRIP! To where, I'm not sure yet. Many places have been mentioned: Osaka, Nagoya, Kyoto, Kobe, Kumamoto, Sendai, and of course, who could forget Tokyo. Make a vote of it: where should I go next?

There you are: the quick rundown. If you want more detail, I'll have to be persuaded for it. Right now, I've had a pretty long day, and have been out of it for the most part. Not quite 100% right now - I have a bit of a cold(or, in Japanese: 少しの風邪ある).

Talk to you all later. Hope to see some comments.

2 comments:

Scott said...

GO TO OSAKA SO YOU CAN EXPERIENCE KANSAI FIRSTHAND!!!
(typed with wii browser)

Anonymous said...

Watch out Osaka, here comes Chris Kruse!