16 February, 2007

motto baribari (Keeping busy)

Sorry about cutting off so abruptly and staying quiet for the past week point five - it's been busy.

Since I last spoke on here, I've gone through quite a bit of stuff for my trip. My certificate of eligibility came in from NUFS, and so I'm going to head up to the Consulate in Chicago on the 26th of Feb., and take care of that. On Monday, I went in to Gulliver's Travel, and picked up my plane ticket receipt. I use it for each of the stops on my way in.

Here's me and my travel agent, Janelle, reviewing all of
the ticket's info.


I've gotten much of my stuff ready for packing - bought the essential things for the bathroom yesterday, after taking my family out to eat at Granite City, in Davenport, IA. It was awesome food, but the price on the bill left my wallet cringing, to say the least. Definitely a place I would recommend for people to go once or twice a year, for special occasions.

Work has been keeping me really busy. Keep in mind that this is a Good Thing™. Keeping me busy also keeps the moneys coming in for my trip. I've added it up, and I'm expecting around $400 or so for the next two weeks, and another 2 checks like that by the time I leave. However, it's running me a bit ragged, as you can tell - I haven't been posting on here regularly. I haven't been on the internet for more than 5 minutes at a time in the past week; some of you know, that's quite a statement for me. Fortunately, I get this weekend off, so I'm going to plan a optometrist appointment, get some traveler's checks, and keep preparing for the trip.

Now that I'm done here, I'm off to bed. Have a nice night everyone, if there's even still people reading. I'm sure that with a week off, most people have forgotten about my little corner of the inter-web here. Oh well, I'll keep on posting - it makes a good vent for me as well to remove some of my building tension.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey buddy! Thanks for finally getting back to getting me up to date. Sorry I seem to be the only one paying attention... that is kind of depressing. Anywho... I am planning on seeing a little bro of mine next weekend and when you see the counsalate you are free and welcome to stop by here as well (Only 2 hrs out of your way anyways). I hope work is entertaining as well as running you tired. Love ya lots little brother!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're getting some good income. I'll be expecting more photos soon :p

Anonymous said...

It's getting closer to your time, I'll even have a little more room and get to play on my computer a little more!!

Anonymous said...

Don't be nervous you'll be OK sport! Love ya lots! (but I have to) Love your sis!